Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your knack for working with numbers into a rewarding career with an established and stable retail furniture organization? Join our team at Homemakers Furniture! For more than 40 years, we have provided customers throughout Iowa with the largest selection of furniture at the lowest prices. As we continue to grow, we are looking for a motivated and personable candidate just like you to serve as an accounting clerk.
We offer complete paid training, as well as competitive benefits and plenty of room for professional growth and advancement. If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you’ve been looking for, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you. Contact us today!
This position is responsible for working with all aspects of the accounting department, including sales tax tracking within multiple states.
Specific duties include:
- Complete assigned projects with minimal supervision
- Analyze data and offer solutions
- Work well within a group
- Provide good customer service when dealing with customers
- Provide feedback to management regarding efficiencies, safety, and productivity
- Follow all operational and safety procedures
- The above responsibilities and additional duties may vary as assigned
We are looking for a solid, reliable worker with a strong work ethic and a positive, engaging personality. You must be highly detail-oriented while still being able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Specific qualifications include:
- Two-year accounting degree or four years of experience
- Knowledge of accounting basics, sales tax reporting and accounts payable and accounts receivable procedures
- Working knowledge of accounting software and Excel
- Attention to detail
- Can work independently
- Ability to multi-task
- Extended sitting at desk and use of computer
- Occasional standing and bending
- Typing skills of 35 net wpm
- Data entry skills of 60 kpm
- Will work indoors
- Conditions may include hot/cold temperatures, dusty surroundings and noisy work environment
As an accounting clerk at Homemakers Furniture, you will be part of an established company with a 40-year tradition of providing quality products to our customers, as well as a family and growth-oriented company culture for our employees. It’s the kind of place that you can make your career home, and many of our long-time employees have done exactly that. You will find a wide variety of opportunities for development and advancement with us, as well as set schedule options, competitive pay, and a fantastic benefits package.
Here is just some of what we have to offer our full-time employees:
- Comprehensive paid training program
- Multiple set schedule options, four- or five-day workweek, 38-40 total hours
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-tax health and dependent care accounts
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with company match (also for part-time employees)
- Profit sharing (also for part-time employees)
- Short-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts (including Nebraska Furniture Mart)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Closed most major holidays
- Advancement opportunities
Build a rewarding, long-term career with us at Homemakers!
Background check and pre-employment drug screen are required.Homemakers is a tobacco- and drug-free workplace. EOE