Business Intelligence Developer
Are you looking for an opportunity with an established and stable retail furniture organization? Join our team at Homemakers Furniture! For more than 40 years, we have provided customers throughout Iowa with the largest selection of furniture at the lowest prices. As we continue to grow, we are looking for a motivated and personable candidate just like you to serve as a business intelligence developer.
We offer complete paid training, as well as competitive benefits and plenty of room for professional growth and advancement. If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you’ve been looking for, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you. Contact us today!
As a business intelligence developer, you will be responsible for design, planning and execution of BI solutions and reporting including ETL, data modeling, relational and multi-dimensional queries, data integration, data sourcing, governance, quality assurance and documentation.
Specific duties include:
- Design and develop enterprise wide data analysis and reporting systems.
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Filter and “clean” data, and review computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Provide feedback to management regarding efficiencies, safety and productivity.
- Follow all operational and safety procedures.
- The above responsibilities and additional duties may vary as assigned.
We are looking for a solid, reliable worker with a strong work ethic and a positive, engaging personality. You must be highly organized and detail-oriented while still being able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Specific qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or Statistics is preferred, but not required
- 2-plus years of experience in business analytics or related field
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Cognos, etc.), databases (SQL, etc.), programming (SQL, XML, Java Script, or ETL frameworks)
- Adept at relational and multi-dimensional queries and report writing
- Experienced in working with retail data or with CRM systems
- Sitting at a desk for work on computer for long periods of time
- Occasional standing and walking
- Will work indoors
- Conditions may include hot/cold temperatures, dusty surroundings and noisy work environment
As a business intelligence developer at Homemakers Furniture, you will be part of an established company with a 40-year tradition of providing quality products to our customers, as well as a family and growth-oriented company culture for our employees. It’s the kind of place that you can make your career home, and many of our long-time employees have done exactly that. You will find a wide variety of opportunities for development and advancement with us, as well as set schedule options, competitive pay, and a fantastic benefits package.
Here is just some of what we have to offer our full-time employees:
- Comprehensive paid training program
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-tax health and dependent care accounts
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with company match (also for part-time employees)
- Profit sharing (also for part-time employees)
- Short-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts (including Nebraska Furniture Mart)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Closed most major holidays
- Advancement opportunities
Build a rewarding, long-term career with us at Homemakers!
Background check and pre-employment drug screen are required.Homemakers is a tobacco- and drug-free workplace. EOE