FULL-TIME: Monday-Friday 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
Are you looking for an opportunity with an established and stable retail furniture organization? Join our team at Homemakers Furniture! For more than 40 years, we have provided customers throughout Iowa with the largest selection of furniture at the lowest prices. As we continue to grow, we are looking for a motivated, personable candidate to serve as a content coordinator.
We offer competitive benefits and plenty of room for professional growth and advancement. If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you’ve been looking for, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you. Contact us today!
This position plans, creates and coordinates content for both homemakers.com and other marketing collateral. This candidate should possess excellent grammar skills, proofreading abilities, copywriting capabilities, plus be detail-oriented and very organized. This position requires a pro-active candidate and someone who understands the importance of deadlines and accuracy.
Specific duties include:
- Create detailed product descriptions for individual items for the website
- Proofread all descriptions to ensure accuracy prior to being published
- Write content for website
- Assist in developing and maintaining writing style guide for the web
- Maintain uniformity in writing product descriptions
- Contributes and posts content to Hm Etc. blog
- Works with Homemakers’ content team on updating homemakers.com using SEO best practices
- Consistently review web content to verify accuracy, organization of information and any other needed review of content
- Report any technical issues to Internet Marketing Manager
- Assist marketing team in creating content for Advertising collateral
- Act as Hm company proofreader for corporate documentations
- Act as Hm proofreader for all advertising print pieces, e-mail campaigns, presentations and any other collateral pieces
- Assist in writing on-line/in-store surveys
- Plays a support role and assists with other team duties and initiatives when needed (i.e. working at Hm events)
- Provide feedback to management regarding efficiencies, safety and productivity
- Follow all operational and safety procedures
- The above responsibilities and additional duties may vary as assigned
We are looking for a solid, reliable worker with a strong work ethic and a positive, engaging personality. You must be highly organized and detail-oriented while still being able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Specific qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in marketing and/or advertising
- Strong writing skills, specifically descriptive copy for merchandise
- Creative writing skills a must
- Ability to create copy for various venues
- Strong proofreading, grammar and copywriting skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Understands the importance of deadlines
- Highly organized
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Light lifting and set-up for Homemakers special events
- Will work indoors and outdoors
- Conditions may include hot/cold temperatures, dusty surroundings and noisy work environment
As a content coordinator at Homemakers Furniture, you will be part of an established company with a 40-year tradition of providing quality products to our customers, as well as a family- and growth-oriented company culture for our employees. It’s the kind of place that you can make your career home, and many of our long-time employees have done exactly that. You will find a wide variety of opportunities for development and advancement with us, as well as set schedule options, competitive pay and a fantastic benefits package.
Here is just some of what we have to offer our full-time employees:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-tax health and dependent care accounts
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with company match (also for part time employees)
- Profit sharing (also for part-time-employees)
- Short-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts (including Nebraska Furniture Mart)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Closed most major holidays
- Comprehensive paid training program
- Advancement opportunities
Build a rewarding, long-term career with us at Homemakers!
Background check and pre-employment drug screen are required.Homemakers is a tobacco- and drug-free workplace. EOE