Customer Service Associate (Del)
FULL-TIME: Tuesday – Saturday 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
FULL-TIME HOURLY RATE: $14.00
Are you looking for an opportunity with an established and stable retail furniture organization? Join our team at Homemakers Furniture! For more than 40 years, we have provided customers throughout Iowa with the largest selection of furniture at the lowest prices. As we continue to grow, we are looking for a motivated and personable candidate just like you to serve a customer service associate in our delivery department.
As a customer service associate in our delivery department, you will be responsible for contacting the customer via phone calls to ensure that communication between Homemakers and our customers is accurate, professional and timely regarding customers’ furniture deliveries. In addition, this position is responsible for all paperwork needed for documentation both pre- and post-delivery.
Specific duties include:
- Call customers about their deliveries
- Call trucks to confirm details, including delivery times, if money is due and customer addresses
- Attempt to fill work days that aren’t full
- Finalize driver paperwork
- Work with various systems, including word processing and creating spreadsheets
- Pay attention to detail when reading reports
- Work with cancellations, billing, and claims
- File and organize paperwork
- Keep office area clean and organized
- Complete general administrative and office support duties
- Provide feedback to management regarding efficiencies, safety and productivity
- Follow all operational and safety procedures
- The above responsibilities and additional duties may vary as assigned
We are looking for a solid, reliable worker with a strong work ethic and a positive, engaging personality. You must be highly organized and detail-oriented while still being able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Specific qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-2 years customer service experience a plus
- Strong oral communication skills dealing with internal and external customers via phone
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong computer, typing, and data entry skills
- Works well with little supervision
- Attentive to detail when reading reports
- Organizational skills
- Able to work nights and weekends
- Extended sitting at desk for work on a computer and phone
- Will work indoors
- Conditions may include hot/cold temperatures, dusty surroundings and noisy work environment
As a customer service associate in the delivery department at Homemakers Furniture, you will be part of an established company with a 40-year tradition of providing quality products to our customers, as well as a family and growth-oriented company culture for our employees. It’s the kind of place that you can make your career home, and many of our long-time employees have done exactly that. You will find a wide variety of opportunities for development and advancement with us, as well as set schedule options, competitive pay, and a fantastic benefits package.
Here is just some of what we have to offer our full-time employees:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-tax health and dependent care accounts
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with company match (also for part time employees)
- Short-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts (including Nebraska Furniture Mart)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Closed most major holidays
- Comprehensive paid training program
- Advancement opportunities
Build a rewarding, long-term career with us at Homemakers!
Background check and pre-employment drug screen are required.Homemakers is a tobacco- and drug-free workplace. EOE