Floor Stock Associate (Entry Level / Warehouse / General Labor)
FULL-TIME: Monday-Friday 7:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.
FULL-TIME HOURLY RATE: $13.50-$14.00
Are you looking for an opportunity with an established and stable retail furniture organization? Join our team at Homemakers Furniture! For more than 40 years, we have provided customers throughout Iowa with the largest selection of furniture at the lowest prices. As we continue to grow, we are looking for a motivated, personable candidate to serve as a floor stock associate.
In this entry-level warehouse role, you will move furniture from our warehouse to our showroom floor to display for customers. We offer complete paid training, competitive benefits and plenty of room for professional growth and advancement. If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you’ve been looking for, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you. Contact us today!
As a floor stock associate, you will be working with a team and assigned to an area on our showroom floor. You and a team member will be responsible for moving product from the warehouse to the showroom to place the product as directed by the designer. This requires daily movement, care and placement of the furniture quickly, accurately and efficiently. It will also be up to you to assemble or disassemble products as needed.
Specific duties include:
- Move and place furniture from warehouse to showroom
- Safely and properly handle the product
- Clean furniture inside and out before it is moved to the showroom
- Communicate with your supervisor, team members, and with other departments in a professional manner
- Prepare and move furniture to and from photo studio
- Properly assemble and disassemble product when needed
- Maintain awareness of what needs to be accomplished for the day and assist others in the department
- Provide feedback to management regarding efficiencies, safety, and productivity
- Follow all operational and safety procedures
- Perform additional duties and functions as required
We are looking for a solid, reliable worker with a strong work ethic and a positive, engaging personality. You must be highly organized and detail-oriented while still being able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Specific qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of operating hand tools
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong follow-through abilities
- Track record of longevity with previous employers
- Warehouse experience a plus
- Walking or standing for long periods of time
- Bending and lifting frequently
- Use of hands and power tools
- Pushing and pulling objects
- Able to lift 50 lbs. and more with assistance
- Will work indoors and outdoors
- Conditions may include hot/cold temperatures, dusty surroundings and noisy work environment
As a floor stock associate at Homemakers Furniture, you will be part of an established company with a 40-year tradition of providing quality products to our customers, as well as a family- and growth-oriented company culture for our employees. It’s the kind of place that you can make your career home, and many of our long-time employees have done exactly that. You will find a wide variety of opportunities for development and advancement with us, as well as set schedule options, competitive pay and a fantastic benefits package.
Here is just some of what we have to offer our full-time employees:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-tax health and dependent care accounts
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with company match (also for part time employees)
- Profit sharing (also for part-time-employees)
- Short-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts (including Nebraska Furniture Mart)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Closed most major holidays
- Comprehensive paid training program
- Advancement opportunities
Build a rewarding, long-term career with us at Homemakers!
Background check, pre-employment drug screen and physical/lift test are required.Homemakers is a tobacco- and drug-free workplace. EOE