For more than 40 years, Homemakers Furniture has provided customers throughout Iowa with the largest selection of furniture at the lowest prices. As we continue to grow, we are looking for a highly motivated and personable candidate to serve as a full-time housekeeper.
Full-time housekeepers are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the building’s interior by performing various cleaning duties. Responsibilities include vacuuming, dusting, cleaning restrooms, break rooms and debris removal.
Specific duties include:
- Clean and disinfect sinks, toilets, countertops, mirrors and floors
- Replenish supplies
- Sweep, mop, vacuum, and dust
- Empty wastebaskets and receptacles
- Clean rugs, carpets and tile
- Wash interior windows
- Provide feedback to management regarding efficiencies, safety and productivity
- Follow all operational and safety procedures
- The above responsibilities and additional duties may vary as assigned
We are looking for a solid, reliable worker with solid work ethic and the ability to keep our store clean.
Specific qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to work weekends
- Understand the use of cleaning chemicals
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness of the store
- Work independently
- Standing/walking for long periods of time
- Bending, kneeling and stooping
- Pushing and pulling objects
- Repetitive bending, lifting and arm movements
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Will work indoors
- Conditions may include hot/cold temperatures, dusty surroundings and noisy work environment
As a housekeeper at Homemakers Furniture, you will be part of an established company with a 40-year tradition of providing quality products to our customers, as well as a family and growth-oriented company culture for our employees. It’s the kind of place that you can make your career home, and many of our long-time employees have done exactly that. You will find a wide variety of opportunities for development and advancement with us, as well as set schedule options, competitive pay, and a fantastic benefits package.
Here is just some of what we have to offer our full-time employees:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-tax health and dependent care accounts
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with company match (also for part time employees)
- Short-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts (including Nebraska Furniture Mart)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Closed most major holidays
- Comprehensive paid training program
- Advancement opportunities
Join the dynamic Homemakers team!
Background check and pre-employment drug screen are required.Homemakers is a tobacco- and drug-free workplace. EOE