Home Accents Specialist
FULL-TIME PAY: Hourly Plus Commission
Retail sales professionals, are you looking for an opportunity to build a rewarding long-term career with an established and stable retail furniture organization? Join our team at Homemakers Furniture! For more than 40 years, we have provided customers throughout Iowa with the largest selection of furniture at the lowest prices. As we continue to grow, we are looking for motivated and personable candidates just like you to serve as specialists in our Home Accents and Rug departments.
Home Accent Specialists are responsible for greeting customers and assisting them in choosing accessories, lamps, accent furniture and rugs that complement their home and their individual style. They’re also responsible for keeping the showroom clean, stocked and presentable.
Specific duties include:
- Greet and interact with customers.
- Work independently while displaying a team player attitude.
- Suggest complementary pieces for customers.
- Interact professionally and respectfully with customers, coworkers, managers and other departments.
- Apply concepts and skills taught from training.
- Maintain the integrity of company values.
- Continually increase product knowledge.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Dust, straighten, condense and restock the home accent marketplace, mirror and artwork sections.
- Clean, organize and stock rugs department.
- Adhere to all company-related policies regarding operational and safety protocols.
- Provide feedback to management regarding efficiencies, safety and productivity.
- The above responsibilities and additional duties may vary as assigned.
We are looking for great conversationalists with positive, engaging personalities and strong work ethics. You must be highly organized and detail-oriented with solid analytic and problem-solving skills. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills, as well as outstanding customer service talents and the ability to interact effectively and professionally with both customers and coworkers.
Specific qualifications include:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years experience in sales or related field
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to relate to and showcase the customer’s style or theme that he or she is trying to create at home
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think creatively to provide customers with the best solution
- Effective, professional interpersonal skills required to interact with customers and coworkers
- Standing and walking for long periods of time
- Occasionally lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Occasionally climbing a 6 ft. ladder with artwork or clocks
- Will work indoors
- Conditions may include hot/cold temperatures, dusty surrounding and noisy work environment.
As a Home Accent Specialist at Homemakers Furniture, you will be part of an established company with a 40-year tradition of providing quality products to our customers, as well as a family- and growth-oriented company culture for our employees. It’s the kind of place that you can make your career home, and many of our long-time employees have done exactly that. You will find a wide variety of opportunities for development and advancement with us, as well as set schedule options, competitive pay, and a fantastic benefits package.
Here is just some of what we have to offer our full-time employees:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-tax health and dependent care accounts
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with company match (also for part-time employees)
- Profit sharing (also for part-time employees)
- Short-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts (also available at Nebraska Furniture Mart)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Closed most major holidays
- Comprehensive paid training program
- Advancement opportunities
Build a rewarding, long-term career with us at Homemakers!
Background check and pre-employment drug screen are required.Homemakers is a tobacco- and drug-free workplace. EOE