Maintenance Repair Associate
FULL-TIME: MONDAY - FRIDAY
HOURLY RATE: $17
Are you looking for an opportunity with an established and stable retail furniture organization? Join our team at Homemakers Furniture! For more than 40 years, we have provided customers throughout Iowa with the largest selection of furniture at the lowest prices. As we continue to grow, we are looking for a motivated and personable candidate just like you to serve as a maintenance repair associate.
In this position, you will be responsible for the maintenance of the 400,000 sq. ft. and growing facility. You will be doing different jobs daily from troubleshooting issues and repair and maintain equipment. The job would require you to work with a sense of urgency, heavy lifting, attention to detail and safety knowledge. We offer competitive benefits and plenty of room for professional growth and advancement. If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you’ve been looking for, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you. Contact us today!
As a maintenance repair associate, you will be responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Specific duties include:
- Provide emergency, unscheduled and scheduled repairs of equipment as needed
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of machines
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and facility
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Maintain and adjust forklifts, check forklift batteries, and battery chargers
- Change furnace filters on a regular basis and keep a maintenance log
- Maintain electrical outlets, light fixtures and change ballasts in light fixtures when needed
- Check and replace fluorescent light bulbs in ceilings on a weekly basis
- Hook up electrical office equipment when moved or replaced
- Operate various types of tools and equipment safely and efficiently
- Check the sprinkler system on a weekly basis and flush the sprinkler system on a quarterly basis
- Build floor display props when requested
- Adjust and repair doors and paint walls when needed
- Clean outside air conditioners twice each year and see to general maintenance of the system
- Check emergency lights and exit lighting on a monthly basis
- Order and maintain inventory of general maintenance supplies following proper purchasing procedures
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Assist with deliveries when necessary
- Provides feedback to management regarding efficiencies, safety, productivity, etc.
- Follow all operational and safety procedures
- The above responsibilities and additional duties may vary as assigned
We are looking for a solid, reliable worker with a strong work ethic and a positive, engaging personality. You must be highly detail-oriented while still being able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Specific qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED
- 3-5 years general maintenance/repair experience
- Valid driver’s license with no DWI convictions within the last seven years
- No more than two moving violations and/or accidents in the last seven years
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently
- Monday – Friday schedule but able to work long hours as business needs
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Initiative to follow through on routine and scheduled maintenance tasks
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical/lift test and background check
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong follow-through abilities
- Track record of longevity with previous employers
- Warehouse experience a plus
- Walking or stand for long periods of time
- Driving a delivery truck
- Bending, kneeling, crouching and climbing
- Hand movements, simple grasping, firm grasping, and fine manipulating
- Ability to carry or lift 75-100 lbs.
- Pushing, pulling, maneuvering equipment and materials weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Work at varying heights (up to 32 feet high)
- Work inside/outside of store, warehouse grounds and building facilities
- Some exposure to hot/cold weather conditions
- Dusty surroundings and noisy work environment
As a maintenance repair associate at Homemakers Furniture, you will be part of an established company with a 40-year tradition of providing quality products to our customers, as well as a family and growth-oriented company culture for our employees. It’s the kind of place that you can make your career home, and many of our long-time employees have done exactly that. You will find a wide variety of opportunities for development and advancement with us, as well as set schedule options, competitive pay, and a fantastic benefits package.
Here is just some of what we have to offer our full-time employees:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-tax health and dependent care accounts
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with company match (also for part time employees)
- Profit sharing (also for part-time employees)
- Short-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts (including Nebraska Furniture Mart)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Closed most major holidays
- Comprehensive paid training program
- Advancement opportunities
Build a rewarding, long-term career with us at Homemakers!
Background check, pre-employment drug screen, and physical/lift test are required.Homemakers is a tobacco- and drug-free workplace. EOE