Part-time Cookies Associate
For more than 40 years, Homemakers Furniture has provided customers throughout Iowa with the largest selection of furniture at the lowest prices. As we continue to grow, we are looking for a highly motivated and personable candidate to serve as a part-time cookies associate.
As a part-time cookies associate, you will be responsible for greeting customers, giving directions, answering questions, serving cookies and beverages to our customers and keeping the café and cookie area clean and organized.
Specific duties include:
- When opening: Make coffee, fill lemonade and water containers with liquids and ice, arrange cookies on tray, restock anything that needs it, check café tables, chairs and floor for crumbs and spills that need wiped up.
- During shift: Bake cookies to keep up with demand and to bake ahead for next day, serve drinks to customers, keep café area clean and chairs pushed in, keep cookie room clean and organized, keep sugars, creamers, stir sticks, napkins and cup containers stocked and keep drink dispensers filled and coffee made to keep up with demand.
- Greet customers, answer questions and give directions in a polite manner. Offer store maps and printed NFM directions.
- Give vending refunds to customers and employees. Receive payment and give change for employee cookie purchases.
- When closing: Wash and rinse drink dispensers and coffee pots, wipe off racks, ovens, counters, tables and chairs in cookie room and café area, empty trash and sweep floors in both areas, mop cookie room floor, restock containers on counter for the next day, turn off ovens, coffee makers and lights.
- Provide feedback to management regarding efficiencies, safety, and productivity.
- Follow all operational and safety procedures.
- The above responsibilities and additional duties may vary as assigned.
We are looking for a solid, reliable worker with a strong work ethic, as well as a positive and engaging personality. You must be highly organized and detail-oriented while still being able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. It is also important that you display excellent verbal communication skills.
Specific qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to work well alone and as a team depending on the day
- Must have good customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to handle money with accuracy
- Ability to work at a fast pace to keep up with customer demand on busy days
- Standing for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs
- Will work indoors
- Conditions may include hot/cold temperatures, dusty surroundings and noisy work environment
When you join the Homemakers team, you are joining a family-operated organization with a rich 40-year history in the retail industry. With the backing of Nebraska Furniture Mart and Berkshire Hathaway, we continue to grow. A part-time position with Homemakers includes great opportunities for advancement, set schedule options, competitive pay and fantastic benefits.
Here is just some of what we have to offer our part-time employees:
- 401(k) with company match
- Profit sharing
- Employee discounts (including Nebraska Furniture Mart)
- Closed most major holidays
- Holidays off
- Advancement opportunities
Join the dynamic Homemakers team!
Background check and pre-employment drug screen are required.Homemakers is a tobacco- and drug-free workplace. EOE