For more than 40 years, Homemakers Furniture has provided customers throughout Iowa with the largest selection of furniture at the lowest prices. As we continue to grow, we are looking for a highly motivated and personable candidate to serve as a part-time housekeeper.
Part-time housekeepers are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the building’s interior by performing various cleaning duties. Responsibilities include vacuuming, dusting, cleaning restrooms, break rooms and debris removal.
Specific duties include:
- Clean and disinfect sinks, toilets, countertops, mirrors and floors
- Replenish supplies
- Sweep, mop, vacuum, and dust
- Empty wastebaskets and receptacles
- Clean rugs, carpets and tile
- Wash interior windows
- Provide feedback to management regarding efficiencies, safety and productivity
- Follow all operational and safety procedures
- The above responsibilities and additional duties may vary as assigned
We are looking for a solid, reliable worker with solid work ethic and the ability to keep our store clean.
Specific qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to work both weekend days and 1 weekday
- Understand the use of cleaning chemicals
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness of the store
- Work independently
- Standing/walking for long periods of time
- Bending, kneeling and stooping
- Pushing and pulling objects
- Repetitive bending, lifting and arm movements
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Will work indoors
- Conditions may include hot/cold temperatures, dusty surroundings and noisy work environment
When you join the Homemakers team, you are joining a family-operated organization with a rich 40-year history in the retail industry. With the backing of Nebraska Furniture Mart and Berkshire Hathaway, we continue to grow. A part-time position with Homemakers includes great opportunities for advancement, set schedule options, competitive pay and fantastic benefits.
Here is just some of what we have to offer our part-time employees:
- 401(k) with company match
- Profit sharing
- Employee discounts (including Nebraska Furniture Mart)
- Closed most major holidays
- Holidays off
- Advancement opportunities
Join the dynamic Homemakers team!
Background check and pre-employment drug screen are required.Homemakers is a tobacco- and drug-free workplace. EOE