Part-Time Retail Sales Associate (Rugs)
PART-TIME HOURLY RATE: $8 - Plus 2% Commission
For more than 40 years, Homemakers Furniture has provided customers throughout Iowa with the largest selection of furniture at the lowest prices. As we continue to grow, we are looking for a highly motivated and personable candidate to serve as a part-time retail sales associate in our rug area.
This position assists customers with purchases and financing. Ideal candidates are focused on results, are team players with positive attitudes and possess excellent customer service skills and creative problem-solving abilities.
As a retail sales associate for our rug area, you will provide world-class service to our customers, greeting them in a timely and professinoal manner and consulting them on their furniture needs. You will overcome any concerns or objections and ultimately close as much new business as possible, all while providing service with a smile. You will also partner with your colleagues or members of our customer service team in order to ensure prompt and thorough problem resolutions.
Specific duties include:
- Maneuver the sales floor to assist customers with their selections to beautify their home
- Provide customers with expert product knowledge
- Apply all concepts with expert product knowledge
- Maintain the integrity of company values
- Effectivtely and efficiently process orders utilizing our computer system
- Interact with customers, coworkers, managers, and other departments in a professional manner
- Conduct monthly performance tracking and consistently achieving performance goals
- Perform follow-through initiatives to ensure customer satisfaction
- Keep our showroom clean and presentable to our customers
- Work to continuously increase customer base
- Follow all operational and safety procedures
- Perform additional duties and functions as required
We are looking for great conversationalists with positive, engaging personalities and strong work ethics. You must be highly organized and detail-oriented with solid analytic and problem-solving skills. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills, as well as outstanding customer service talents and the ability to interact effectively and professionally with both customers and coworkers.
Specific qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of retail sales and/or customer service experience
- Standing and walking for long periods of time
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when applicable
- Basic computer skills
- Track record of longevity with previous employers
- Ability to pass a background check and a pre-employment drug screen
When you join the Homemakers team, you are joining a family-operated organization with a rich 40-year history in the retail industry. With the backing of Nebraska Furniture Mart and Berkshire Hathaway, we continue to grow. A part-tim position with Homemakers includes great opportunities for advancement, set schedule options, competitive pay and fantastic benefits.
As a part-time employee, you will enjoy the following benefits.
- 401 (k) with company match
- Profit sharing
- Employee discounts (also available at Nebraska Furniture Mart)
- Closed most major holidays
- Holidays off
- Advancement opportunities
Build a rewarding, long-term career with us at Homemakers!
Background check and pre-employment drug screen are required.Homemakers is a tobacco- and drug-free workplace. EOE