Part-Time Visual Merchandiser
PART-TIME: MONDAY - FRIDAY 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
HOURLY RATE: $11.00
For more than 40 yeras, Homemakers Furniture has provided customers throughout Iowa with the largest selection of furniture at the lowest prices. As we continue to grow, we are looking for a highly motivated, personable candidate to serve as a part-time visual merchandiser.
This position is responsible for restocking the showroom floor with bedding, art, mirrors and other accessories.
Specific duties include:
- Keep the sales floor stocked with merchandise
- Organize sales floor and keep stock room organized
- Hang art and mirrors on slat walls
- Restock lamp department
- Refill accessories on sales floor
- Fill and organize pillow walls
- Reattach missing tags from merchandise
- Provide feedback to management regarding efficiences, safety and productivity
- Follow all operational and safety procedures
- The above responsibilities and additional duties may vary as assigned
We are looking for a solid, reliable worker with strong work ethic and a positive, engaging personality. You must be highly organized and detail-oriented while still being able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. It is also important that you display excellent verbal communication skills.
Specific qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Merchandising and/or restocking experience a plus
- Ability to work independently with high level of attention to detail
- Standing/walking for long periods of time
- Working at varying heights (climbing a ladder)
- Bending, kneeling and stooping
- Pushing and pulling objects
- Repetitive bending, lifting and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Will work indoors
- Conditions may included hot/cold temperatures, dusty surroundings and noisy work environment
When you join the Homemakers team, you are joining a family-operated organization with a rich 40-year history in the retail industry. With the backing of Nebraska Furniture Mart and Berkshire Hathaway, we continue to grow. A part-time position with Homemakers includes great opportunities for advancement, set schedule options, competitive pay and fantastic benefits.
Here is just some of what we have to offer our part-time employees:
- 401 (k) with company match
- Profit sharing
- Employee discounts (including Nebraska Furniture Mart)
- Closed most major holidays
- Advancement Opportunities
Build a rewarding, long-term career with us at Homemakers!
Background check, pre-employment drug screen are required.Homemakers is a tobacco- and drug-free workplace. EOE