Picking Associate (Entry Level / Warehouse / General Labor)
FULL-TIME: MONDAY - FRIDAY 4:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
HOURLY RATE: $13.50-14.00
Are you looking for an opportunity with an established and stable retail furniture organization? Join our team at Homemakers Furniture! For more than 40 years, we have provided customers throughout Iowa with the largest selection of furniture at the lowest prices. As we continue to grow, we are looking for a motivated and personable candidate just like you to serve a picking associate.
We offer complete paid training, as well as competitive benefits and plenty of room for professional growth and advancement. If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you’ve been looking for, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you. Contact us today!
In this entry-level warehouse role, you will be unloading, locating, and picking product, safely, accurately, and efficiently while maintaining a positive attitude. The job requires heavy lifting for an extended period, operating a lift, and proper handling of product.
Specific duties include:
- Properly handle the product while moving it from one location to another
- Continually meet the monthly standard for the amount of product to be picked
- Maintain a high level of accuracy when identifying the product to be picked
- Provide feedback to management regarding efficiencies, safety and productivity
- Follow all operational and safety procedures
- The above responsibilities and additional duties may vary as assigned
We are looking for a solid, reliable worker with a strong work ethic and a positive, engaging personality. You must be highly organized and detail-oriented while still being able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Specific qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong follow-through abilities
- Track record of longevity with previous employers
- Warehouse experience a plus
- Walking or stand for long periods of time
- Able to operate a fork lift
- Work at varying heights (up to 32 feet high)
- Bending and lifting frequently
- Pushing and pulling objects frequently
- Able to lift up to 150 lbs. and more with assistance
- Able to work from 4:00am to 12:30pm Monday-Friday (and occasional Saturdays)
- Will work indoors
- Conditions may include hot/cold temperatures, dusty surroundings and noisy work environment
As a picking associate at Homemakers Furniture, you will be part of an established company with a 40-year tradition of providing quality products to our customers, as well as a family and growth-oriented company culture for our employees. It’s the kind of place that you can make your career home, and many of our long-time employees have done exactly that. You will find a wide variety of opportunities for development and advancement with us, as well as set schedule options, competitive pay, and a fantastic benefits package.
Here is just some of what we have to offer our full-time employees:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-tax health and dependent care accounts
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with company match (also for part time employees)
- Short-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts (including Nebraska Furniture Mart)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Closed most major holidays
- Comprehensive paid training program
- Advancement opportunities
Build a rewarding, long-term career with us at Homemakers!
Background check, pre-employment drug screen and physical/lift test are required.Homemakers is a tobacco- and drug-free workplace. EOE