Product Integrity Team Member - Merchandising
FULL-TIME: Monday-Friday 7:30 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
FULL-TIME HOURLY RATE: $13.00
Are you looking for an opportunity with an established and stable retail furniture organization? Join our team at Homemakers Furniture! For more than 40 years, we have provided customers throughout Iowa with the largest selection of furniture at the lowest prices. As we continue to grow, we are looking for a motivated, personable candidate to serve as a Product Integrity team member.
We offer complete paid training, competitive benefits and plenty of room for professional growth and advancement. If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you’ve been looking for, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you. Contact us today!
The Product Integrity team member gathers detailed information to create product numbers to use both in-store and online. This position is responsible for accurately entering all necessary data for both newly created and existing products, working closely with buyers and vendors to ensure integrity and statuses of products, collecting purchase order acknowledgments and maintaining good working relationships with vendor reps and contacts.
Specific duties include:
- Proofread product files for details
- Maintain manufacturer active products and adjust our files accordingly
- Review and process all reports and order acknowledgments for product availability status and update the system with new arrival dates
- Resolve arrival problem issues with vendors, or Homemakers Traffic/Receiving departments
- Review, research and resolve problem sale and purchase orders
- Understand and use the internal computer system to answer any general questions
- Work with merchandising manager to improve online presentation
- Report any technical problems to the merchandising manager
- Provide feedback to management regarding efficiencies, safety and productivity
- Other reporting and clerical duties may vary as assigned
We are looking for a solid, reliable worker with a strong work ethic and a positive, engaging personality. You must be highly organized and detail-oriented while still being able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Specific qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of customer service or sales experience
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Product knowledge of furniture, rugs, accessories and related products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attentive to details and results-oriented
- Ability to set priorities and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Available Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Frequent sitting, talking and listening
- Occasional standing and walking
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Typing skills of 35 net wpm
- Strong 10-key/data entry skills
- Proofreading Skills
- Will work indoors
- Conditions may include hot/cold temperatures, dusty surroundings and noisy work environment
As a Product Integrity team member at Homemakers Furniture, you will be part of an established company with a 40-year tradition of providing quality products to our customers, as well as a family- and growth-oriented company culture for our employees. It’s the kind of place that you can make your career home, and many of our long-time employees have done exactly that. You will find a wide variety of opportunities for development and advancement with us, as well as set schedule options, competitive pay and a fantastic benefits package.
Here is just some of what we have to offer our full-time employees:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-tax health and dependent care accounts
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with company match (also for part-time employees)
- Profit Sharing (also for part-time employees)
- Short-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts (including Nebraska Furniture Mart)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Closed most major holidays
- Comprehensive paid training program
- Advancement opportunities
Build a rewarding, long-term career with us at Homemakers!
Background check and pre-employment drug screen are required.Homemakers is a tobacco- and drug-free workplace. EOE