Quality Control Specialist (Quality Control/Warehouse)
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your handyman talents into a rewarding career with an established and stable retail furniture organization? Join our team at Homemakers Furniture! For more than 40 years, we have provided customers throughout Iowa with the largest selection of furniture at the lowest prices. As we continue to grow, we are looking for motivated and dependable candidates just like you to serve as quality control specialists.
In this warehouse-based role, you will assemble products for delivery to customers, with a consistent eye toward high quality. This is a 100% commission position, based on the quantity of product that you prepare for delivery. The average annual income is around $50,000. We offer complete product training, as well as competitive benefits and plenty of room for professional growth and advancement. If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you’ve been looking for, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you. Contact us today!
As a quality control specialist, you will be responsible for unpacking, preparing and assembling products for delivery to customers. In addition, you will perform a thorough quality control inspection of each piece that you assemble in order to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
Specific duties include:
- Open, inspect and organize product to be worked
- Unpack, prepare and assemble product quickly, accurately and efficiently
- Maintain careful attention to product quality
- Utilize all safety equipment as instructed
- Cleaning work area at the end of the day
- Additional duties may vary as required
We are looking for candidates who are good, reliable workers with solid work ethics and the ability to assemble products quickly and accurately. You must be detail-oriented while still being able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work well as part of a team.
Specific qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-2 years warehouse experience
- Prior repair or handyman experience
- Ability to set priorities and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Track record of longevity with previous employers
- Ability to pass a background check, a pre-employment drug screen, and a physical/lift test
- Stand for long periods of time
- Using hands and power tools
- Bending, lifting and walking frequently
- Push and pull objects
- Able to lift 50 lbs. and more with assistance
- Will work indoors in a warehouse
- Conditions may include hot/cold temperatures, dusty surroundings and noisy work environment
As a quality control specialist at Homemakers Furniture, you will be part of an established company with a 40-year tradition of providing quality products to our customers, as well as a family and growth-oriented company culture for our employees. It’s the kind of place that you can make your career home, and many of our long-time employees have done exactly that. You will find a wide variety of opportunities for development and advancement with us, as well as set schedule options, competitive pay, and a fantastic benefits package.
Here is just some of what we have to offer our full-time employees:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-tax health and dependent care accounts
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with company match (also for part time employees)
- Short-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts (including Nebraska Furniture Mart)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Closed most major holidays
- Comprehensive paid training program
- Advancement opportunities
Build a rewarding, long-term career with us at Homemakers!
Background check, pre-employment drug screen and physical/lift test are required.Homemakers is a tobacco- and drug-free workplace. EOE