Rug Retail Sales Associate
PAID TRAINING PERIOD: $20/hour
Retail sales professionals, are you looking for an opportunity to build a rewarding long-term career with an established and stable retail furniture organization? Join our team at Homemakers Furniture! For more than 40 years, we have provided customers throughout Iowa with the largest selection of furniture at the lowest prices. As we continue to grow, we are looking for motivated and personable candidates just like you to serve as retail sales associates in our rug area.
This retail sales role has a $20-per-hour paid training period and no cap on earnings. There are multiple set schedule options, a four- or five-day workweek and a 38-40 hour weekly workload. Our sales specialists work in a high-traffic environment where the customers come to you. No cold calling!
As a retail sales associate for our rug area, you will provide world-class service to our customers, greeting them in a timely and professional manner and consulting them on their furniture needs. You will overcome any concerns or objections and ulitmately close as much new business as possible, all while providing service with a smile. You will also partner with your colleagues or members of our customer service team in order to ensure prompt and thorough problem resolutions.
Specific duties include:
- Maneuver the sales floor to assist customers with their selections to beautify their home
- Provide customers with expert product knowledge
- Apply all concepts and skills learned in training
- Maintain the integrity of company values
- Effectively and efficiently process orders utilizing our computer system
- Interact with customers, coworkers, managers, and other departments in a professional manner
- Conduct monthly performance trakcing and consistently achieving performance goals.
- Perform follow-through initiatives to ensure customer satisfaction
- Keep our showroom clean and presentable to our customers
- Work to continuously increase customer base
- Follow all operational and safety procedures
- Perform additional duties and functions as required
We are looking for great conversationalists with positive, engaging personalities and strong work ethics. You must be highly organized and detail-oriented with solid analytic and problem-solving skills. it is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills, as well as outstanding customer service talents and the ability to interact effectively and professionally with both customers and coworkers.
Specific qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of retail sales and/or customer service experience
- Standing and walking for long periods of time
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when applicable
- Basic computer skills
- Track record of longevity with previous employers
- Ability to pass a background check and a pre-employment drug screen
As a retail sales associate at Homemakers Furniture, you will be a part of an established company with a 40-year tradition of providing quality products to our customers, as well as a family and growth-oriented company culture for our employees. It's the kind of place that you can make your career home, and many of our long-time employees have done exactly that. You will find a wide variety of opportunities for development and advancement with us, as well as set schedule options, competitive pay, and a fantastic benefits package.
Here is just some of what we have to offer our full-time employees:
- Comprehensive $20-per-hour paid training program
- Multiple set schedule options, four- or five-day workweek, 38-40 total hours
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-tax health and dependent care accounts
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401 (k) with company match (also for part-tim employees)
- Profit sharing (also for part-time employees)
- Short-term disability
- Employee assitance program
- Employee discounts (including Nebraska Furniture Mart)
- Paid time off
- Paid holiday
- Closed most major holidays
- Advancement opportunities
Build a rewarding, long-term career with us at Homemakers!
Background check and pre-employment drug screen are required.Homemakers is a tobacco- and drug-free workplace. EOE