Social Media & Email Coordinator
FULL-TIME: Monday-Friday 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
Are you looking for an opportunity with an established and stable retail furniture organization? Join our team at Homemakers Furniture! For more than 40 years, we have provided customers throughout Iowa with the largest selection of furniture at the lowest prices. As we continue to grow, we are looking for a motivated, personable candidate to serve as our Social Media & Email Coordinator.
We offer competitive benefits and plenty of room for professional growth and advancement. If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you’ve been looking for, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you. Contact us today!
The Social Media & Email Coordinator manages, updates, and enhances the company’s presence on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, the Hm blog and other pertinent social channels. In addition, this position is responsible for creating, implementing, executing and analyzing all email programs and other related activities for Hm websites.
Specific duties include:
- Implement the social media strategy, coordinating with stakeholders across the company to ensure its effectiveness and encouraging adoption of relevant social media into the corporate culture and into all of the company’s products and services.
- Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities. Duties include online advocacy, writing editorial, community-outreach efforts, event calendars, promotions, sweepstakes/contest management, etc.
- Develop and execute initiatives to grow the member base, drive member-generated content, increase community participation and add value to the online community experience.
- Become an advocate of the company in online spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate, while ensuring customer satisfaction is a top priority. Identify patterns and trends in customer requests about Homemakers’ brand, products and services; convey findings on these trends to the appropriate team.
- Manage a blogger outreach program and build an active brand ambassador network to spread the word about the company.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs; analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results and communicate findings to management.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, platforms and applications. Ensure social media plug-ins and integration points to homemakers.com are kept up to date.
- Manage daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly calendar of marketing triggered and personalized emails, focusing on customer segmentation, touch point prioritization, ensuring the proper cadence of campaigns and lifecycle management.
- Support, implement and execute the management of the email process workflow including planning email calendar, collaborating with internal teams on content, producing all email campaigns, obtaining timely approvals, and completing all quality assurance practices (including proofreading and ensuring campaigns render properly across all ISPs and platforms).
- Manage email service provider to take full advantage of technology services, and on-time delivery of all emails.
- Manage list growth, retention, hygiene and all other aspects of the customer list, including working with the sales team on acquisition techniques and practices.
- Track key email metrics overall as they impact the business, as well as by various segments, establishing benchmarks for each. Work closely with the Internet Marketing Manager to analyze findings, identify trends and recommend a course of action.
- In addition to the performance of the job responsibilities mentioned above, this position may be required to perform supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the Internet Marketing Manager based on the particular requirements of the operation.
- The above responsibilities and additional duties may vary as assigned.
We are looking for a solid, reliable worker with a strong work ethic and a positive, engaging personality. You must be highly organized and detail-oriented while still being able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Specific qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in marketing/advertising and/or digital communications
- Email marketing experience preferred
- Experience in managing corporate social media venues preferred
- Strong proofreading, grammar and creative copywriting skills a must
- Comfortable learning and using new technology
- Understands the importance of deadlines
- Highly organized, strong problem-solving and multi-tasking abilities
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative environment
- Displays high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Light lifting and set-up for Homemakers special events
- Will work indoors and outdoors
- Conditions may include hot/cold temperatures, dusty surroundings and noisy work environment
As the Social Media & Email Coordinator at Homemakers Furniture, you will be part of an established company with a 40-year tradition of providing quality products to our customers, as well as a family- and growth-oriented company culture for our employees. It’s the kind of place that you can make your career home, and many of our long-time employees have done exactly that. You will find a wide variety of opportunities for development and advancement with us, as well as set schedule options, competitive pay and a fantastic benefits package.
Here is just some of what we have to offer our full-time employees:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-tax health and dependent care accounts
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with company match (also for part time employees)
- Profit sharing (also for part-time-employees)
- Short-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts (including Nebraska Furniture Mart)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Closed most major holidays
- Comprehensive paid training program
- Advancement opportunities
Build a rewarding, long-term career with us at Homemakers!
Background check and pre-employment drug screen are required.Homemakers is a tobacco- and drug-free workplace. EOE