Temporary Project (Warehouse)
FULL-TIME: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
FULL-TIME HOURLY RATE: $14
PROJECT LENGTH: Mid-April through June
For more than 40 years, Homemakers Furniture has provided customers throughout Iowa with the largest selection of furniture at the lowest prices. As we continue to grow, we are looking for temporary workers to help build storage racks in our new distribution center.
This assignment will begin in mid- to late-April, and run approximately until the end of June. Hours are 8 a.m - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, but may vary.
As a temporary warehouse employee, you will work within a team to take down the racking system in our warehouse and rebuild it in the new distribution center.
Specific duties include:
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more with or without assistance
- Ability to work at varying heights (up to 35 ft. in the air)
- Frequent bending, twisting and lifting and the use of hands and tools to build racks
- Follow all operational and safety procedures
- The above responsibilities and additional duties may vary as assigned
We are looking for solid, reliable workers with strong work ethics and positive, engaging personalities. you must be highly organized and detail-oriented while still being able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. It is also important that you display excellent verbal communication skills.
Specific qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Warehouse experience a plus
- Standing and/or walking for long periods of time
- Use of hands and power tools
- Pushing and pulling objects and lifting overhead
- Repetitive bending, twisting, lifting and arm movements
- Able to consistently lift 50 lbs. or more
- Will work indoors and outdoors
- Conditions may include hot/cold temperatures, dusty surroundings and noisy work environment
This is a great temporary job opportunity for motivated individuals!
Background check, pre-employment drug screen and physical/lift test are required.Homemakers is a tobacco- and drug-free workplace. EOE