Are you looking for an opportunity with an established and stable retail furniture organization? Join our team at Homemakers Furniture! For more than 40 years, we have provided customers throughout Iowa with the largest selection of furniture at the lowest prices. As we continue to grow, we are looking for a motivated, personable candidate to serve as a visual designer.
We offer competitive benefits and plenty of room for professional growth and advancement. If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you’ve been looking for, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you. Contact us today!
The ideal candidate creates and maintains exciting displays with current styles and the latest trends.
Specific duties include:
- Plan and design room settings
- Create fresh displays to increase sales
- Accessorize furniture and create accessory hits
- Restock floor with lamps, bedding and accessories
- Daily communication to floor stock team on the layout of the specific area
- Hang artwork, clocks and mirrors
- Keep current with the latest styles and trends
- Work with buyers and display team
- Provide feedback to management regarding efficiencies, safety and productivity
- Follow all operational and safety procedures
- The above responsibilities and additional duties may vary as assigned
We are looking for a solid, reliable worker with a strong work ethic and a positive, engaging personality. You must be highly organized and detail-oriented while still being able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Specific qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Design Degree or minimum of two years’ design experience
- Solid design knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Computer skills
- Work independently as well as in a group
- Fast-paced environment
- Walking or standing for long periods of time
- Bending, kneeling and stooping
- Climbing, pushing, pulling and hanging product
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work at varying heights
- Will work indoors.
- Conditions may include hot/cold temperatures, dusty surroundings and noisy work environment.
As a visual designer at Homemakers Furniture, you will be part of an established company with a 40-year tradition of providing quality products to our customers, as well as a family- and growth-oriented company culture for our employees. It’s the kind of place that you can make your career home, and many of our long-time employees have done exactly that. You will find a wide variety of opportunities for development and advancement with us, as well as set schedule options, competitive pay and a fantastic benefits package.
Here is just some of what we have to offer our full-time employees:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-tax health and dependent care accounts
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with company match (also for part time employees)
- Profit sharing (also for part-time-employees)
- Short-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts (including Nebraska Furniture Mart)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Closed most major holidays
- Comprehensive paid training program
- Advancement opportunities
Build a rewarding, long-term career with us at Homemakers!
Background check and pre-employment drug screen are required.Homemakers is a tobacco- and drug-free workplace. EOE