Pick Ups - Loader Associate (Entry Level / Warehouse / General Labor)
PART-TIME HOURLY RATE: $11
FULL-TIME HOURLY RATE: $14.50
With more than 40 years in the retail industry, Homemakers Furniture is a leader in providing affordable home furnishings to the state of Iowa. We employ those who are dedicated and passionate about their work, and we are seeking highly motivated pickups loader associates to join our dynamic team in both part-time and full-time roles.
We offer complete paid training, as well as competitive benefits and plenty of room for professional growth and advancement. If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you’ve been looking for, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you. Contact us today!
As a pickups loader associate, you will be responsible for loading customers’ vehicles with purchased products. You will also be assisting fellow employees with daily duties (in and outside the department), from sweeping and cleaning the pick-ups department or warehouse to loading customers and working within the department.
Specific duties include:
- Load the purchased product into customer vehicle
- Handle the product properly while moving it from one location to another
- Engage customers in friendly Customer friendly, eye contact, engaging in conversation
- Verify customers by checking photo ID and obtain acknowledgment of receipt of product by getting signature
- Train other staff members
- Provide feedback to management regarding efficiencies, safety and productivity
- Follow all operational and safety procedures
- The above responsibilities and additional duties may vary as assigned
We are looking for solid, reliable workers with strong work ethics and positive, engaging personalities. You must be highly organized and detail-oriented while still being able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, particularly during weekend hours. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as outstanding customer service skills.
Specific qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Excellent customer service skills
- Warehouse experience a plus
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with high customer contact
- Positive/helpful attitude towards management, co-workers and customers
- Ability to work a varied schedule, including nights, weekends and/or early morning hours based on business needs
- Standing/walking for long periods of time
- Bending and lifting frequently
- Pushing and pulling objects
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and more with assistance
- Will work indoors and outdoors
- Conditions may include hot/cold temperatures, dusty surroundings and noisy work environment
As a pickups loader associate at Homemakers Furniture, you will be part of an established company with a 40-year tradition of providing quality products to our customers, as well as a family and growth-oriented company culture for our employees. It’s the kind of place that you can make your career home, and many of our long-time employees have done exactly that. You will find a wide variety of opportunities for development and advancement with us, as well as set schedule options, competitive pay, and a fantastic benefits package.
Here is just some of what we have to offer our full-time employees:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-tax health and dependent care accounts
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with company match (also for part-time employees)
- Profit sharing (also for part-time employees)
- Short-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts (including Nebraska Furniture Mart; also for part-time employees)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Closed most major holidays
- Comprehensive paid training program
- Advancement opportunities
Build a rewarding, long-term career with us at Homemakers!
Background check, pre-employment drug screen and physical/lift test are required.Homemakers is a tobacco- and drug-free workplace. EOE