CLOSED - HALLOWEEN COSTUME CONTEST TERMS & CONDITIONS
SHORT DISCLAIMER: Enter to win the Hm Halloween Costume Contest from 10/14/19 through 10/31/19. Entrants can submit a Halloween costume photo through social media (Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram) by tagging Homemakers Furniture and/or using the hashtag #HmHalloween. Homemakers will compile all photo entries into a public Facebook photo album to be voted on by followers. Each “like” on each picture will count as one vote. The photo with the most votes will win a $500 Homemakers gift card, second place will win a $250 Homemakers gift card and third place will win a $100 Homemakers gift card. One entry per individual per costume may be submitted. Multiple entries by the same individual with the same costume will be disqualified. Homemakers reserves the right to determine and remove the submission and eliminate entrant from further consideration in this promotion if any entry contains material that is violent, pornographic, obscene, illegal, inappropriate, defamatory, or racially or morally offensive.
Winners will be determined on 11/4/19. Winners will be notified via the social media channel they submitted the winning entry and will have 72 hours to claim their prizes. If Homemakers cannot reach a winner within 72 hours, a new winner will be selected on the next weekday. Entrants must be a legal U.S. resident and 18 years of age or older on or before 10/14/19. For submissions involving children, individuals may submit a photo of their child or legal dependent and claim the prize in place of said legal dependent if they win. Individuals may not, under any circumstances, submit an entry of another person without permission. No purchase necessary.
- Participants must be a legal U.S. resident and 18 years of age or older in Iowa on or before October 14, 2019. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- To enter for a chance to win the gift card prizes, entrants must submit a photo of themselves or their children/legal wards in a Halloween costume on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Entrants need to tag Homemakers Furniture (hereafter “Homemakers”) or use the hashtag #HmHalloween to submit photos. Entries will be compiled into a public Facebook photo album where followers can vote on best costumes. Winners will be determined by the highest number of votes. There will be one grand prize and two runners up prizes awarded to the three entrants with the most votes.
- To be eligible for the prizes, all entries must be received by Homemakers by 10/31/19 at 11:59 p.m. (Central Time Zone). Pictures posted using the contest hashtag from previous days, reproduced or copied pictures and/or late entries will not be considered.
- After close of the contest, Homemakers will determine the winners by tallying the votes. Homemakers will notify the winner via the social media channel they submitted the winning entry. In the event that Homemakers cannot notify the winner within 72 hours or if the winning entry is determined to be or make themselves ineligible, Homemakers will randomly select a new winner on the next weekday and award the prize to the entrant so selected. All rules listed in regard to eligibility will remain in effect for the alternate drawing. Winner(s) will be required to sign a Statement of Eligibility and Release of Claims form, supplied by Homemakers, prior to claiming the prize.
- If a social media account is held by more than one person, the persons listed will be considered to have jointly submitted a single entry and will receive any prize they might win as co-owners. Except as specified, if any entry contains the name of a person who is ineligible to win but also contains the name of at least one person who is eligible to win, the entry will be deemed to be held solely by the eligible person(s).
- The entrant’s rights under this contest are non-assignable. Prizes offered have no cash value and all pieces of a prize must be redeemed. Prizes cannot be returned, exchanged or redeemed for cash. Chances of winning depend on the number of votes received. Federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner(s).
- The Grand Prize to be awarded to the entrant with the most votes is one $500 Homemakers gift card from Homemakers. The entrant with the second highest number of votes will win one $250 Homemakers gift card. The entrant with the third highest number of votes will win one $100 Homemakers gift card.
- Persons with a criminal activity history involving Homemakers, or who have otherwise been barred from doing business with Homemakers, are not eligible to enter the contest or to claim a prize. Employees of Homemakers and their respective agents, affiliates, subsidiary and parent companies, sales reps, marketing affiliates and partners, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies and members of the immediate families or households of each are not eligible.
- By entering, participants (a) agree to be bound by the official rules and the decisions of Homemakers, (b) agree to release Homemakers and its respective employees and agents from any and all liability, loss, damage or injury resulting from participation in this promotion or awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize awarded herein and (c) acknowledge that Homemakers, its employees and agents have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose; and (d) consent to the use of his/her name photograph and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in connection with this promotion or (e) consent to the use of his/her child or legal ward’s name, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in connection with this promotion, unless prohibited by law, without further compensation.
- The decisions of Homemakers Furniture, in all matters relating to the rules and administration of this prize giveaway shall be final. Void where prohibited by law. No Purchase Necessary.
CLOSED—APARTMENT MAKEOVER GIVEAWAY TERMS & CONDITIONS
We're Giving Away An Aparment Makeover!
2019 APARTMENT MAKEOVER SWEEPSTAKES RULES:NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Promotion Description: The 'Apartment Makeover' ("Sweepstakes") begins on 08/22/2019 at 12:00 AM Central Time (US & Canada) and ends on 09/30/2019 at 11:59 PM Central Time (US & Canada) (the "Promotion Period"). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Homemakers Furniture ("Sponsor"), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the giveaway. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes.
- Eligibility: Open to legal residents of Iowa (in the USA) who are 18 years old or older on or before 9/30/19. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the "Promotion Entities"), and members of their immediate families and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. Persons with a criminal activity history involving Homemakers Furniture or who have otherwise been barred from doing business with Homemakers Furniture are not eligible to enter the contest or to claim a prize.
- Winner(s) Selection: The winner(s) of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted on or after 10/01/19 by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received. Winner(s) will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information on or after 10/01/19 after the random drawing. Potential winner(s) must confirm acceptance of a prize by email as directed by Sponsor within 48 hours of notification. Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner(s) may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively "the Prize Claim Documents"). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
Prizes: 1 winner will receive (1) $3,000 Homemakers gift card - 2 winner(s) will receive (1) $1,000 Homemakers gift card each.
Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor's good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within Iowa (in the USA). Winner(s) has 30 days from notification to take possession of the prize or they forfeit any winnings. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, surcharges, delivery, shipping, assembly, set-up and/or installation are the sole responsibility of the prize winner(s). Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
Online Entry: Enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period online by signing into the entry form and perform the tasks provided. The entry form can be found on the following website at homemakers.com/giveaways. Entries must be received by Homemakers Furniture between 8/22/19 and 9/30/19 to be eligible for the random drawing.
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the entrant. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant's Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor's database clock will be the official time keeper for this Sweepstakes.
If any entry form contains more than one name, the persons listed will be considered to have jointly submitted a single entry and will receive a prize as co-owners. If any entry contains the name of a person who is ineligible to win but also contains the name of at least one person who is eligible to win, the entry will be deemed to be held solely by and awarded to the eligible person or persons only.
Limitation of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any misdirected or lost mail, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay of operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating downloading materials in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, perform the random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to or after such cancellation, suspension, or modification.
In the event of a dispute concerning who registered online to participate in the Sweepstakes, the registration will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
- Winner's List: To obtain a copy of any legally required winners list or a copy of the Official Rules, send the applicable request and a self-addressed, stamped, #10 envelope to Homemakers Furniture cc: Apartment Makeover ETW at 10215 Douglas Ave. Request must be received by 4/1/20 for the name of the winner(s) and, by 9/30/19, for a copy of the rules.
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Homemakers Furniture, 10215 Douglas Ave, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disclaimer for Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest & Twitter: Entrants should understand that they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and/or Twitter. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and/or Twitter.
- By providing your email address you are opting-in to receive email from Homemakers Furniture and you may unsubscribe at any time.
By entering, participants:(a) agree to be bound by the official rules and the decisions of Homemakers Furniture; (b) agree to release Homemakers Furniture and its respective employees and agents from any and all liability, loss, damage, or injury resulting from participation in this promotion or awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize awarded herein and acknowledge that Homemakers Furniture, and its employees and agents have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose; and (c) consent to the use of his/her name, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in connection with this promotion without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- The person selected as the winner(s) must, in writing: a) verify eligibility, grant his/her/their consent to the use of his/her /their name and likeness in advertising without further compensation, b) release Homemakers Furniture and its associates from all liability, claims and actions of any kind for injuries, damages or losses to persons or property which may be incurred in connection with the claiming, receipt or ownership of the prize, c) agree to assume any and all costs and liabilities that arise out of the winning of or ownership of the prize, including but not limited to taxes, fees and costs that result from winning or using the prize, and d) agree to hold Homemakers Furniture harmless from any such liabilities. A person who refuses to execute the Affidavit of Eligibility, Assumption and Release form supplied by Homemakers Furniture as a condition to the claiming of a prize is not eligible to claim the prize they were awarded.
- The decisions of Homemakers Furniture in all matters relating to the rules and administration of the prize giveaway shall be final.