Safety and Operational Updates
We know shopping looks a little different right now, but as soon as you’re comfortable, we’re so excited to see you again. With our 5-acre furniture showroom and expanded safety protocols, Homemakers truly has made it safe to shop local and we want to thank you for continuing to support us.
Our Commitment to You
Like most retailers, we are experiencing the impact COVID-19 has had on manufacturing supply chains and shipping processes throughout the country. We understand the frustration this might cause and wanted to provide some additional information.
What steps are we taking to provide the best possible customer experience?
- Our buying team has increased the volume of product they are ordering each week to ensure we are among the first of all retailers to receive items as they are produced.
- We are working with our top brands to come up with innovative ways to receive product directly, to cut down on transit time to our warehouse.
- We are committed to providing the low prices you’ve received from Homemakers for nearly 50 years. You can trust that our pricing models will not change, even as demand increases.
- We are re-designing our in-home delivery service to provide a better experience to the customer. We are actively rolling out and expanding this new process. Since launching in May, over 90% of customers have rated their experience as satisfactory and on time.
What is Homemakers doing to keep guests and team members safe in our store?
We are following recommendations put forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health departments. We’ve invested in and expanded rigorous cleaning routines and safety protocols including:
- Asking all customers over the age of 2 and requiring all employees to wear masks while in the showroom.
- Frequent cleaning of hard surfaces throughout the store, including commonly touched surfaces such as door handles, carts, and escalator railings.
- Hand sanitizer stations placed throughout the store.
- Social distancing floor markers and procedures to maintain adequate distance from employees and other customers.
- Plexiglass shields at cash registers and at the finance office.
In addition, employees are asked to monitor their health and symptoms on a daily basis. Homemakers continues to work with employees on a case-by-case basis to make sure health, safety and wellness remains the top priority.
Can we still test furniture while browsing the showroom?
Yes, we welcome you to sit on and test out furniture if you are comfortable doing so but ask that you keep your mask on and remain at a safe distance from others. Because of the nature of fabric and leather, we are unable to deep clean the surface of each piece of furniture in our showroom at an increased frequency but are taking additional steps to make sure the area is clean, and the environment allows for safe shopping.
What hours are you open for shopping, pickups and returns?
We have implemented new hours that apply to our showroom as well as other operational areas (store pickups, returns, customer service, etc.).
- Monday-Friday: 11am-8pm
- Saturday: 10am-7pm
- Sunday: 11am-6pm
What contact-free shipping or pickup options are available?
We ship products to 47 states (excluding CA, AK, and HI) and offer 2-3 day shipping to most Iowa residents on in-stock purchases. Please understand you may face shipping delays for products not in stock, as the retail industry works to catch up to demands and shortages brought on by COVID-19. Our contact-free shipping places all furniture in factory packaging inside your garage, in your driveway, or outside the first-floor entry of your house or apartment.
In addition, we offer an easy drive-through pickup and returns process at our Urbandale showroom. To make the process contact-free, we ask that you remain inside your vehicle while in our pickup lanes and the Homemakers team will load your furniture.
Are you offering in-home delivery in Iowa right now?
We are offering our in-home delivery service for customers within Iowa now, however, please understand that you might experience some delays due to product and workforce shortages as a result of COVID-19. Please call our delivery department at (515) 727-1370 or (888) 818-7283 OR email us at email@example.com with questions about open orders.
Are your service technicians taking in-home service calls?
Our in-home technicians are currently taking in-home service calls. If you would like to bring your merchandise to Homemakers and have a shop technician repair, please call our Customer Service Department (515)-727-1371 or call toll free (888)-818-7283.
I live outside of Iowa. Are you providing Room of Choice deliveries still?
CEVA, our current delivery provider for Room of Choice deliveries has suspended delivery services until conditions allow them to safely continue.
- CEVA will continue to provide threshold deliveries to the “first dry space” based upon the customer’s scheduled appointment.
- CEVA will continue to offer No Signature Required (NSR) service.
Together, we will get through this.
Thank you for being a part of the Homemakers family. As a community, you have invited us into your homes and allowed us to help create spaces that are safe, secure and nurturing. Amidst a global pandemic, we know just how important our job is to continue providing a large selection of affordable furniture and accessories locally.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have additional questions or need assistance. We can be reached through the live chat on our website, by phone, or by email.